5.11.15

A New Author

By Nicole

I’m quite new to the McCropder group, just beginning my third month in Burundi. I graduated from Renssealer Polytechnic Institute three years ago with a degree in Business Management with minors in Architecture and Psychology, and subsequently spent a year teaching high school economics in Cullinan, South Africa. I joined Serge shortly after and through an unexpected turn of events, God called me to Burundi. So here I am, straight out of upstate New York, doing work that I find very exciting, but unfortunately is probably not very exciting to read about. I work in the accounting department of Kibuye Hope Hospital and oversee the finances for the teams various construction project. 
 
I hope to begin to branch out a bit and do some work in different areas of the hospital. One of those areas is the new hospital canteen. Work on the canteen began a number of months ago, and concluded this past week. We celebrated its completion with a ribbon cutting ceremony and small reception in the new building. Jason was given the honor of cutting the ceremonial ribbon along with Dr. Wilson, the hospitals’ Director of Medicine.
 

The canteen will provide simple food and drink options for hospital staff, outpatients, and guests which were not available before. While I hope the canteen will help to generate additional revenue for the hospital (there’s the boring accounting talk), I am most excited about the opportunity it provides us to care for our patients and their families well.


I also look forward to many more ribbon cutting ceremonies as we continue to build and expand here at Kibuye!

No comments: